LOS ANGELES PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT ATTORNEYS
BEVERLY HILLS PRENUP LAWYERS – HELPING YOU TAKE A REALISTIC APPROACH TO MARRIAGE
Marriage is not only a public statement of a couple’s emotional commitment but a powerful legal and economic relationship.
At Stolar Law Group, our Los Angeles prenuptial agreement lawyers help clients establish peace of mind and thoughtful planning through premarital agreements and post-marital agreements.
HOW A PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT ATTORNEY CAN HELP YOU
The process of crafting a prenuptial or postnuptial agreement is an exercise in money management and financial planning that provides more than just economic benefits to the couple involved. Our premarital agreement attorneys have done prenups for people just starting out in their careers, financially established individuals, billionaires, and those on their second marriage.
During your consultation, you will be able to discuss the following with a Beverly Hills prenuptial agreement attorney:
- Will a cheap prenup protect me?
- Can I get a postnuptial agreement?
- What issues can a premarital agreement cover?
- Will a premarital agreement protect my children?
- Will following a sample prenup protect my interests?
- What are the pros and cons of a postnuptial agreement?
- Will a do-it-yourself prenup be enforced by a California court?
- Will my interest in my business and home become community property after I marry?
Call (818) 600-6534 to book a free consultation with a prenuptial agreement attorney near you!
WHY CREATE A PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT?
A prenuptial agreement is only effective if the court accepts it as valid, which is why there are serious risks involved in drafting a do-it-yourself premarital agreement or having your prenup drawn up by an inexperienced attorney. Our firm’s Los Angeles prenup attorneys offer an exceptional level of experience in drafting and reviewing California prenuptial agreements.
Couples choose to prepare financial agreements before marriage for many reasons:
- A prenup can protect children from a previous marriage.
- A prenup can establish the terms of a domestic partnership agreement.
- A prenup can preserve your estate for your children, grandchildren, or loved ones.
- A prenup can define limits to the amount and duration of alimony / spousal support.
- One of you may be a student, a homemaker, or contributing to the other’s business and may want a clear statement of the value of your contribution.
- If you and your spouse bring significantly different personal estates or incomes to your marriage, you may want to keep your personal and community property separate.
- A prenup can provide partners, members, or shareholders in a closely-held business with the control necessary to manage the business in the event of death or disability.
- Disagreements and misunderstandings regarding money are a leading cause of divorce. If you identify and work through basic issues of financial responsibility before you marry, you and your fiancé will then be able to focus on the other aspects of your relationship.
WHEN SHOULD A PREMARITAL AGREEMENT BE DRAFTED?
Our prenuptial agreement lawyers in Los Angeles are recommend drafting your prenuptial agreement as far in advance of your wedding as possible. Not only does this allow more time to thoughtfully work out the terms of the agreement, but also an agreement signed six months before the wedding is seen by the court as a stronger contract than one signed right before marriage. For that reason, it is critically important that, if you are negotiating a prenuptial agreement shortly before your wedding, you work with experienced legal counsel.
DO YOU NEED TO FIGHT A PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT?
If you are facing divorce in the Los Angeles area and have concerns related to a prenuptial agreement or other marital contract, the legal counsel you hire could make all the difference in the outcome. Prenups vary dramatically depending on their original purposes, whether they were originally drafted by a knowledgeable lawyer, their enforceability, and a range of other factors. Our premarital agreement lawyers can analyze all aspects of any prenuptial agreement, cohabitation agreement or domestic partnership agreement, and advise you on your likelihood of success in disputing either the validity of the entire contract or specific clauses and stipulations.
A few of the more common grounds for challenging such documents are:
- Allegations of coercion, forgery or lack of proper witnessing
- Basic unfairness of the original agreement to either party
- Fraud or misrepresentation of either party’s financial condition
- Coverage of matters that cannot be legally determined in a prenup or other such contract
PROTECTING YOUR BUSINESS WITH A PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT
If you are preparing for marriage and either you or your spouse has a business interest, it may be wise to enter into a premarital contract that includes terms regarding management and business ownership.
At Stolar Law Group, we have extensive experience in preparing prenuptial agreements to protect the interests of corporate shareholders, business partners, limited liability company (LLC) members, and sole entities during marriage. If you have a business interest, your premarital agreement will cover complex issues, including business valuation.
A premarital agreement can do the following for your business:
- If you own a business in part or in whole before you are married, a premarital contract can specify how that interest will be kept separate from community property.
- If you are involved in a family business before marriage, a prenuptial agreement can ensure the interest remains in the family in the event of your death or divorce.
- If you have business partners, a premarital agreement can provide them with control over management of the business in the event of your death, disability or divorce.
- If your business grows during the course of your marriage, an antenuptial agreement can protect the increased value from being considered community property.
- If you contribute to the growth of your spouse’s business during your marriage, a premarital contract can ensure that you receive credit for a share of that growth.
PRENUP LAWYERS IN LOS ANGELES – 40+ YEARS OF COMBINED EXPERIENCE
Laws governing community property and mutual responsibility have become more complex, and so have the issues dealt with in premarital agreements. It is increasingly important for marital contracts to be drafted or reviewed by a prenup attorney in Beverly Hills with the appropriate experience. Our firm offers 40 years of experience in drafting premarital agreements and cohabitation agreements for Southern California couples.
Not every couple needs a prenuptial agreement, and in situations where they are needed, the issues that should be covered can vary widely. Whether you are considering entering marriage or a domestic partnership agreement, you are engaged, or you are married but considering a post-marital agreement, it is time to begin discussing how you will handle the issues involved. We wish to help you start the next chapter in your life with the right legal safeguards in place.
GET A LOS ANGELES PRENUPTIAL AGREEMENT ATTORNEY WITH EXTENSIVE EXPERIENCE. REACH OUT TO OUR FIRM ONLINE FOR HELP!
ADDITIONAL READING: PRENUPS & POSTNUPS
Click Below to Learn About the Following Topics:
- Protecting Your Business
- Marriage Financial Planning
- Attacking a Prenuptial Agreement
- Defending a Prenuptial Agreement
- When Should a Prenup be Drafted?
- Why Create a Prenuptial Agreement?
- Pitfalls of DIY Prenuptial Agreements